- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Sprite Test
- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Interaction
- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Explosions, Parallax, and Collisions
- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Terrain, Enemy AI, and Level Data – Tuts+ Premium
- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Score, Health, Lives, HUD and Transitions – Tuts+ Premium
- Build a Stage3D Shoot-’Em-Up: Full-Screen Boss Battles and Polish – Tuts+ Premium
In this tutorial series (part free, part Premium) we’re creating a high-performance 2D shoot-em-up using Flash’s new hardware-accelerated
Stage3D rendering engine. In this Premium part, we’re adding new enemy movement modes, enemies that shoot back, and hand-crafted levels that include background terrain.
Let’s take a look at the result we will be working towards:
Note that the enemies have several different movement patterns and shoot back now, and that they’re no longer positioned randomly. In fact, the enemies and terrain objects are all positioned using OGMO editor (though you could easily use another format):
Read the Full Tutorial
Premium members can access the full tutorial right away!
Tuts+ Premium Membership
We run a Premium membership system which periodically gives members access to extra tutorials, like this one, from across the whole Tuts+ network. If you’re a Premium member, you can log in and read the tutorial. If you’re not a member, you can of course join today!