- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: Introduction
- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: Basic Methods and Properties
- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: Controlling Playback
- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: Working With Labels
- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: Advanced Sequencing
- TimelineLite Ultimate Starter Guide: TimelineMax Special Features
TimelineLite is the ultimate tool for creating elaborate and precise sequences of scripted animation. It is an integral part of the GreenSock Tweening Platform that allows you to make the most of TweenLite and TweenMax. This series of screencasts will walk you step by step through everything you need to know to take your AS3 tweening skills to the next level.
Basic Features of TimelineLite
- Create a sequence of TweenLite/Max tweens
- Play and pause any sequence
- Reverse any sequence
- Adjust the overall speed of the sequence
- Jump-to any part of the sequence
- Add labels for easy navigation
- Scrub through any animation
Along the way we will be diving into TimelineMax which extends the power of TimelinLite with even more features. Everything you learn how to do in TimelineLite will also apply to TimelineMax.
Also, although this guide was produced solely with AS3, TimelineLite and TimelineMax have the exact same features in AS2, and use identical syntax!
In this first introductory video I’m going to explain exactly what TimelineLite is and what it can do. I’ll walk you through some inspiring examples of TimelineLite that highlight its many features. Along the way I’ll show you a few resources that are going to help you get the most out of your TimelineLite training. Once you see how concise and flexible TimelineLite code can be, you’ll never tween without it.
Sit back and relax as I set the groundwork for all the amazing things we will be covering in this series.
TimelineLite in Action
Resources Mentioned in this Video
In this series of videos I am going to be referring to the TimelineLite documentation many times. I strongly suggest you visit and bookmark the following:
- GreenSock.com to learn more about TimelineLite and get the complete GreenSock Tweening Platform code library.
- Official TimelineLite Documentation get ahead of the class and see the tremendous amount of properties and methods available.
To get the most out of TimelineLite its imperative that you have a basic understanding of TweenLite and TweenMax. For a quick crash course please read GreenSock’s Getting Started Tweening article.
Now, watch the next video in the series, where we’ll be looking at basic methods and properties of TimelineLite.